Thursday, February 25, 2010

Remembering why we come into the house of the Lord

Read Psalm 27


Key Verse:

“One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.”

Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek:

Changes at work, working more hours than ever before, having more responsibilities, more duties – something new every day it seems. Busy, busy, busy!!

Less time at home with my family which has grown to include an almost two year old, beautiful, very, very busy grandchild. I am tired and weary by the end of the day.

It has been an extremely cold and dreary winter. I woke up several weeks ago on Sunday morning, tired and moody. I wanted to stay home and sleep and rest and basically do nothing that day. But, I knew I had to go to church because of my commitment to the children’s ministry.

As I began to get ready for church, I felt as though God was speaking to me. “Are you coming to My house because you have to be with the kids? Is this a duty visit? Remember when you could not wait to run into My house to spend time with Me?

"Come, I will meet you there”.

I went that morning seeking God and expecting to experience His presence with my brother and sister believers. The Lord is my light; He is my salvation! How could I have gotten so distracted and busy that I forgot what a privilege it is to be able to go to the House of the Lord – to feed upon His Word, to get strength from His Spirit, and be transformed by the mystical power of Holy Communion.

PRAYER: 
Dear God, forgive me for coming to your house for any reason other than the hope of finding YOU there! Help me Lord to regain my “first love”. Amen

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:  Seek God above everything else, for when you find Him, you cannot help but be transformed unto love.

PRAYER FOCUS: Remembering why we come into the house of the Lord

Sharon Parsons

No comments: