Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Love & Faith in Jesus Christ

Read Philemon 1: 3-11

"As you share your faith with others, I pray that they may come to know all the blessings of Jesus Christ has given to us."

Sitting in a jail cell in August 2004 because of drug and alcohol addictions, I called on God for help. I cried out to God in despair and told him this is not the way I want to live my life and that I was doing things I really did not want to be doing. I had a year of clean time and threw it all away to get high again and to go to jail again. This binge lasted six months until this arrest stopped me. I sat in jail many days and my hope began to sparkle as I began to read a Bible sent into the jail by a stranger. I simply believed God's word and believed deliverance from drugs and alcohol is God's will for me. I repented for all my sins and God changed me. I told God I would take Bible's back into jails upon my release. I simply believed God would make a way, and He has provided hundreds of Bibles to inmates. I am now a stranger who takes Bibles into jails.

How Great is Our God!

Prayer: My heart's desire and prayer to God for all is that they will be saved!

Thought for the Day: Once like Onesumes , I was useless as a servant, but now I rejoice in being a servant of Our Great God!

Jill Varney

Prayer Focus: Salvation For All

No comments: