Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Rock of My Salvation

Luke 3: 1-6

John is preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sin. He is telling us to make a straight path for the Lord, for all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

After reading Luke, I remember going through some bad times. Sometime I would wonder why I’m going through all these ups and downs. At that time I really didn’t understand why and I didn’t know what to do. But one day I had a Dr.’s appointment and received some bad news. That day I cried because I still couldn’t understand why I was going through this. I honestly felt that my life was not worth any thing. I had no one to talk to or ask for advice. I felt lost, really lost.

Then I remembered something that has kept me going all these years. That was JESUS! I remembered praying Psalm 121. I remembered verses 5-8 and once again I started to cry, not because I was hurting, but because I was happy! I was happy knowing that I did have someone to talk to; someone who knew what I was going through. All I had to do was give it to him and let him take over. At that time, I saw the salvation of God. Like Luke said, “All flesh will see God’s salvation.” Every day I thank Jesus, thanking him for being the rock of my salvation.

Prayer: Lord God, you are so wonderful! You come when we need you the most. You show us love and understand our trouble. God, I just want to say thank you, thank you for being my rock and my guide. Amen.

Thought for the day: Jesus is our rock and our salvation. Thanks be to God.

Leewood Morgan

No comments: