Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Rejoice

Philippians 4: 4-7

Philippians 4: 4 “Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice!”(The Living Bible)

A smile is contagious! Try it and you will see for yourself. Walk down a street or through a mall and smile at others and you will usually receive a smile in return. Smile at a child, and the child will return that smile.

When I was teaching school, the students would ask me why I was always smiling. My reply to them was simple. 1. It takes less muscles and effort to smile than to frown, and 2. People like to be smiled at! They don’t like to be around people who are frowning and seem unhappy!

As a Christian, we have a lot to smile about, a lot to rejoice about. Think of what all God has done for you! John 3:16 says it this way, “For God loved the world so much that he sent his only son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (Living Bible) God raised Jesus from the grave for us to have eternal life. God cares!

Rejoice this day in all that you can do for others. Smile; share the good news of Jesus with your neighbors and friends! Rejoice and be happy! Be full of joy in the Lord.

Prayer: Loving God, thank you for giving me joy that I can rejoice and praise your name.

Thought for the Day: Rejoice and be glad in all that you do.

No comments: