Sunday, March 21, 2010

Church of the Reconciler continues to grow

We had a fulfilling worship celebration again today and welcomed two new members during the service. Tommy Simms was baptized and accepted into our fellowship, and Ervin Miles came to us as a new member through a profession of faith.

We celebrated Ervin's return after an absence while he had surgery for cancer. The surgery was successful and we pray for Ervin's continued recovery.

Many thanks to Midway United Methodist Church for providing lunch today.

And if you weren't in worship with us, you missed a moving rendition of "I can't even walk" by our praise band. Thanks to them for sharing their talent and inspiring us each week.

          I thought number one would surely be me,
          I thought I could be what I wanted to be.
          I thought I could build on life's sinking sand
          But I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

            Chorus
            I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
            The mountain's too high and the valley's too wide.
            Down on my knees, I learned to stand.
            And I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

          I think I'll make Jesus my One and my All
          From now on when in trouble, only His name I'll call
          And If I can't trust Him, I'll be less of a man
          'Cause I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

            Chorus
            I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
            The mountain's too high and the valley's too wide.
            Down on my knees, I learned to stand.
            And I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

            Down on my knees, I learned to stand.
            And I can't even walk without You holding my hand.


No comments: