Saturday, March 27, 2010

“What’s in Your Pocket?”

Read Psalm 31: 1-16


Key Verse: Verse 3a “You are indeed my rock and my fortress…”

“What’s in Your Pocket?”

Rocks! Everywhere we go he picks up a new rock. He has a whole collection of rocks. For Christmas Santa Claus even brought him a sack of polished rocks in his stocking. They go into his pocket, a reminder of where we have been that day.

Rocks are a geological wonder! When you study the different kinds of rocks you discover the miracle of the creation of the whole world.

In verse 3a of Psalm 31 we read, ‘You are indeed my rock and my fortress..” The writer is speaking of God. He is saying that God is giving him his strength to make it through each day.

We have many trials and temptations that we face. We wonder how we are going to get through each day and week. Let God be your rock and your strength. God will help you in the struggle.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for loving us and forgiving us our sins as we also forgive those who sin against us. Help us to look to you as our rock.
Thought for the Day: Jesus is my rock and my strength.
Nancy Higgs

No comments: