Tuesday, March 30, 2010

God, In Whom I Trust

Psalm 91: 1-2 and 9-16


Psalm 91
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
If you make the Most High your dwelling—even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Key Verse: "I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

God, In Whom I Trust

There has been discussion lately about the "In God We Trust" on the US currency. It is a contentious topic with hot discussions of the issue of seperation of Church and State. I don't want to get into whether it SHOULD be printed on the money or not. However, I'd like for you to think about putting your trust in God every time money passes through your hand. Whether it is the change that you put in a vending machine for a drink or a snack or the money you pay your bills with each month.

"I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."

Prayer: Lord, help us to remember to put our trust in you with everything.

Beth Ann Higgs, charter member and Church webmaster

No comments: