Friday, March 05, 2010

I AM A RECONCILER

Read II Corinthians 5:16-21
That is (our message is this) God was in Christ reconciling the world to him self, not counting their trespasses against them, ant entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

II Corinthians 6:19

I am not bragging when I say I am a reconciler. I have no choice, you have no choice. “So we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us.” V. 10.

Why should we appeal to others? Because we want others to know that no matter who they are, what they have done (or not done) or where they are from – they are valuable in God’s eyes. We are not to regard other people as mere humans but as humans whose value is decided by God’s his standards and not ours. Our worth is not based on a worldly standard that says we have worth only if we produce…

I learned that when we judge others based only on what we know it can be wrong. While visiting the lady who was my Sunday School teacher and Vacation Bible School teacher when I was growing up, I talked about how kind, loving and soft spoken she was and how she reminded me of what Jesus must have been like. Her husband listened quietly until I paused and then he said in his slow, thick southern drawl, “Yes, but preacher you don’t live with her.” That’s true but I know that not only was “Christ in” her but to me she was always “in Christ.”

PRAYER
Dear Creator God, thank you for reminding us that our mission is to be your ambassador on Earth and our ministry is to be a reconciler!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
By making friend, you make friends with God.
PRAYER FOCUS
People unlovely to me have already been loved by God.
William Ray Wade

No comments: