Monday, March 15, 2010

I Will Send Forth Spring

Read Isaiah 43: 16-20


I Will Send Forth Spring

Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert…to give drink to My people, My chosen.” (Isaiah 43:18-20)

The preparations that we need for the coming days of Spring are those that prepare our hearts. Isaiah says that we are more sinful than we had thought, but we are also more loved by God than we can imagine!

God’s love for us is unchangeable. We can in these days hope to understand those who we do not see as like us. "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you” God has said to those who have extended the hand of reconciliation.

God warns that now is the time for all of us to reconcile our differences and to make amends. Life is short. Eternity is long. Eternity is about God.
Prayer:
O LORD who has created us, help us to put away our fear and to remember that we have been redeemed even as we face Eternity.
Focus: Reconciliation is possible even in these times.
Kay Phillips

No comments: