Friday, March 19, 2010

Whatever I can find to use my hands to do your work, I do with love

Read John 12: 20-33


Whatever I can find to use my hands to do your work, I do with love

Most of my childhood memories are good ones. Especially at home with my sister, mother and father. My negative experiences came from outside forces as a young persons and as an adult. We lived in a community that included family members from both my parents’ side of the family. I remember the times during the post depression years where folks had to have stamps to purchase certain food items. I often wondered why life was so hard on everyone. I often made up stories of how we should be living. Such as a house with a systems that would give us heat and not one where everyone had to sit around the “stove” to keep warm. My fond memory is the comment my mom and dad always told us when we asked questions about the conditions which we lived. Both would tell us “that everything would be alright.” My sister appeared comfortable with their answer. However, I went away dissatisfied and often found myself in quite, wondering about their answer. I learned to find something to do instead of sitting around in quite “frustration” I made doll clothes, and we would keep and heal any small animal that my dad would bring home with a limp. Today, I refer to the quite periods of comfort that I witness by my parents as “faith and hope” for a determined family.

We did not have the money that was spoken of in John 12: 1-11. Instead, there were many experiences of blessing similar to the ones that Mary gave to Christ who had given real tokens of love to her and her family.

Prayer:
Dear God, bless us with your love, give us encouragement when our soul is full of sorrow. Bless us as we continue to do your work for all your children. Amen

Thought for Today:
Let us all come together for good of all people.

Mary Jones, Chairperson, Board of Stewards

No comments: